Scratch back renders in Edinburgh
Scratch back renders are mostly associated with either new builds or extensions. These renders come in many forms such as polymer, acrylic, silicone and cement. The selection of the right type of material is crucial to the final outcome of the project. At Weatherproof we are trained to specify which type of material is best suited to both the property but also the surrounding environment. We’re so confident in our scratch back render services, that we give or workmanship a 15-year guarantee! This legal document will sit nicely in your home report should you decide to sell.
Whether you've just bought a new property or have been in your current one for many years, Scratch back renders can also be applied to older buildings that have failed due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Years of neglect to the exterior walls
- Leaking gutters and rainwater down pipes over a long period of time
- Damaged pointing to cope stones
- Poor application due to human error
- Movement from below ground
- Cracked lentils underneath due to the exposure of moisture
- Human error when the original render was applied
- Cracks, due to over use of openings over a long period of time such a door or window.
At Weatherproof in Edinburgh, we start with an assessment of your exterior walls and give you a complete report of the best course of action. We have access to every type of materials from all major suppliers.
Edinburgh Scratch Back Professionals
We only appoint experienced responsible staff and only use quality materials from suppliers such as K-Rend, Weber,Enewall & Scotrend,. All our work we implement to B.S EN 13914-1:2005 to comply with our suppliers specification. This allows a legally binding product guarantee from our suppliers. To our commercial customers, Please email us your tender and we will obligor to reply within the requisite time.
Human error is the most common reason that contributes to a poor job for exampleIt's important to make sure you hire a reputable building firm to carry out your Edinburgh scratch back work. Human error due to incompetence or wrong timing is the most common reason that contributes to a poor job. for example:
- Poor consistency within a mix or applied while the temperature is below 5 degrees
- Sudden drop in temperature while curing or inconsistent porosity to substrate
- Exposed to strong wind or rain while drying
- Lack of suction when applied
- Variations with the substrate(for ex brick and blockwork together)
- Lack of or no expansion joint or bell cast seals
- Breach within the DPC and the main walls
- Poor preparation or wrong choice of materials
- Roughcasting/Wet dash
- Pebble dashing/Harling
- Silicone or MineralThin Coat
- Arcrylic render
- polymer render
- Cement based render
- Silicon Render
- Traditional lime render
- Exterior insulation boarding EWI
Our work delivered in Edinburgh and surrounding areas is value for money and will last a through time, while giving you the peace of mind that your property is Weatherproof.Our objective during a project is to be in and out with minimal inconvenience. Providing good communication throughout.