Dry Dash Services in Edinburgh
We’re so confident in our Pebble / Dry Dash services, that we give or workmanship a 15-year guarantee! This legal document will sit nicely in your home report should you decide to sell.
Whether you've just bought a new property or have been in your current one for many years, roughcasting is sometimes a necessary addition that you will need to make to the exterior of your property due to the following reasons:
- Leaking gutters and rainwater down pipes over a long period of time
- Damaged pointing to cope stones
- Wind and water damage to the outside of your property
- General wear and tear e.g. cracks, lines, holes in brickwork
- Poor application due to human error
- Movement from below ground
- Cracked lentils due to being exposed to moisture
- Years of neglect to the exterior walls
Weatherproof is an Edinburgh trowel trades specialist with over 30 years of expertise in delivering high quality dry dash solutions. We are sure to find a match for your existing style or if you fancy something different we have over 30 different colours of background to choose from and as many types of chipping stone.
Edinburgh dry dash professionals
We only appoint experienced responsible staff and only use quality materials from suppliers such as K-Rend, Weber,Enewall & Scotrend,. All our work we implement to B.S EN 13914-1:2005 to comply with our suppliers specification. This allows a legally binding product guarantee for us to 30 years from our suppliers. To our commercial customers, Please email us your tender and we will oblige to reply within the requisite time.
Human error is the most common reason that contributes to a poor job for exampleIt's important to make sure you hire a reputable building firm to carry out your Edinburgh wet dash work. Human error due to incompetence or wrong timing is the most common reason that contributes to a poor job. for example:
- Poor consistency within a mix or Applied while the temperature is below 5 degrees
- Sudden drop in temperature while curing
- Exposed to rain or strong widn while drying
- Inconsistent porosity to substrate
- Lack of suction when applied or poor preparation
- Variations with the substrate (for ex brick and blockwork together)
- Lack of or no expansion joint or bell cast seals
- Breach within the DPC and the main walls
- Wrong choice of materials
Other factors such as poor maintenance can lead to issues with a dry dash finish but overall if you maintain your property, a wet dash finish will last for a considerable amount of time.
Our work delivered in Edinburgh and surrounding areas is value for money and will last a through time, while giving you the peace of mind that your property is Weatherproof.Our objective during a project is to be in and out with minimal inconvenience. Providing good communication throughout.
Weatherproof also offer following trowel trade services in Edinburgh:
- Wet dash / roughcasting
- Silicone or MineralThin Coat
- Scratch back
- Arcrylic render
- polymer render
- Cement based render
- Silicon Render
- Traditional lime render
- Exterior insulation boarding EWI