Weatherproof is a Trowel Trades company based in Edinburgh with many years of expertise in delivering high quality trowel trade work to commercial and private properties. Weatherproof has a team of hard-working, qualified and trusted building professionals who ensure your home or business property is fully protected against the wind and water damage, while making sure the final outcome is attractive and complements the style of your property.
Trowel Trades services
Weatherproof offer following trowel trade services in Edinburgh:
- Pebble dashing/Harling
- Silicone or MineralThin Coat
- Scratch back/Monocrouch
- Arcrylic render
- Polymer render
- Cement based render
- Traditional lime render
- Exterior insulation boarding EWI
Our work delivered in Edinburgh and surrounding areas is value for money and will last a very long time, while giving you the peace of mind that your property is Weatherproof. Our objective during a project is to be in and out with minimal inconvenience. Providing good communication throughout.
Whether you've just bought a new property or have been in your current one for many years, roughcasting is sometimes a necessary addition that you will need to make to the exterior of your property due to the following reasons:
- Years of neglect to the exterior walls
- Leaking gutters or rainwater down pipes over a long period of time
- Damaged pointing to cope stones
- Wind and water damage to the outside of your property
- Ground movement or general wear and tear
- Poor application due to human error
- Cracked lentils due to exposure to moisture
Weatherproof is an Edinburgh trowel trades specialist with over 30 years of expertise in delivering high quality dry dash solutions. We are sure to find a match for your existing style or if you fancy something different we have over 30 different colours of background to choose from and as many types of chipping stone.
Human error is the most common reason that contributes to a poor job for example. It's important to make sure you hire a reputable building firm to carry out your Edinburgh roughcast e work. Human error due to incompetence or wrong timing is the most common reason that contributes to a poor job. for example:
- Poor consistency within a mix or Applied while the temperature is below 5 degrees
- Sudden drop in temperature while curing
- Exposed to rain or strong widn while drying
- Inconsistent porosity to substrate
- Lack of suction when applied or poor preparation
- Variations with the substrate(for ex brick and blockwork together)
- Lack of or no expansion joint or bell cast seals
- Breach within the DPC and the main walls
- Wrong choice of materials
Other factors such as poor maintenance can lead to issues with roughcast finish but overall if you maintain your property, a roughcast finish will last for a considerable amount of time.
We only appoint experienced responsible staff and only use quality materials from suppliers such as K-Rend, Weber, Enewall & Scotrend.
All our work we implement to B.S EN 13914-1:2005 to comply with our suppliers specification. This allows a legally binding product guarantee for us to 30 years from our suppliers. To our commercial customers, Please email us your tender and we will oblige to reply within the requisite time.